EnglishSmart Tutor is a user-friendly curriculum-based workbook series for children who want to learn or improve their English skills. It covers all four strands of the Language curriculum: Oral Communication, Reading, Writing, and Media Literacy. A grammar section is included to help children build a strong foundation in English. Children are guided along by the Smart Tutor in the workbook, who provides explanations, definitions, and examples throughout the activities. Each unit begins with a brief tutor session followed by four pages of exercises. The workbook also includes accompanying audio clips that help children develop their oral and listening skills. The audio clips are available for download at Download Centre on this website – pbcca.idlwebclients.com.
- Covering all four strands of the Canadian Language curriculum
- A grammar section to help build a strong linguistic foundation
- Comprehensive tutor sessions providing brief overviews of the topics and clear and simple examples
- Handy “Keep in Mind” and “Quick Reference Guide” boxes throughout the book
- Audio clips to reinforce communication skills
- An answer key included